I am so thrilled to be able to introduce Lorene Mah of 'Glitter & Spice' to you. In all honestly, when Lorene first reached out, I wasn't so sure about teething jewelry. I had never used it with my oldest Son (now 3), nor did I think I needed it (so why would my customers?). BOY, was I ever wrong. I wore both a Glitter & Spice bracelet and matching necklace to a family brunch, and those two items truly saved my sanity with my then 10 month old. He was teething like crazy and her creations kept us both entertained and happy! My youngest is also addicted to his "cookie teether" right now, as his molars are starting to come in. He is constantly nibbling on it.
I love that the products are BPA free and dishwasher safe. You can also pop them in the freezer which helps to soothe teething pain. I now tell everyone about my love affair with teething jewelry. Her products have recently graced the magazine pages of Harper's Bazaar, Glamour, and Vogue, and she is taking the teething jewelry world by storm!Lorene truly loves others and encourages those around her. She is a joy to work with and I was so thrilled when I actually got to meet her in person while spending some time in Vancouver this summer. Please enjoy reading about this great lady!
1. Little Blue Canoe feels so fortunate to be working with you! Please tell us a bit more about yourself.
Hi everyone! I am so honored that you are taking the time to read a little about us! I’m Lorene, founder and creator of Glitter & Spice! I am a mom of two to Emmalyn who is 3, and Noah who is 1.
Most of my friends would probably describe me as someone who is enthusiastic, full of life, and always craving for accomplishing new and interesting things! A motto I love to live by is “a rolling stone gathers no moss”!
2. I love your products. Please tell us how Glitter & Spice came to be.
I was inspired by my darling beaver of a son. Noah was THE definition of a teething baby! Needless to say, I was unprepared. I immediately scoured the shops for the perfect teething accessory, but I came back disappointed. So I decided to take matters into my own hands and started creating stylish teething jewelry for the modern day mom that are safe and fun for babies to chew!
3. Oh, Canada! What do you love about this great Country and why?
1) The freedom - Something that can never be bought
2) The diversity – I love the multiculturalism in Canada.
3) The raw natural landscape - The lakes, the mountains, the fresh air, the critters, and the seasons create some of the most beautiful scenery in the world!
4) The people- Canadian people have an international reputation for being “nice, a bit boring and excessively polite (we’re really sorry, even if you run into us)
5) The health care – It’s free. Enough said.
6) The maternity leave - We are lucky to have a year maternity leave
7) Maple Syrup – Yummiest. Pancake. Treat. Ever.
8) Ryan Gosling – Honestly I don’t think any explanation is needed here haha.
4. Time to shop! Aside from your own products, what do you love in the LBC store?
This must be a trick question because how do I choose from all the beautiful curated items?! I know and love so many of the brands Little Blue Canoe carries!
5. Please finish this sentence: “You know you're in Canada when...”
When people start saying "Eh". I don't even notice I do this but my American friends do! Haha.